Thursday 13 December 2012

So, jump...ok, how high?


The pope is now using Twitter. Isn't that the greatest news since the Angel of the Lord announced the birth of the Saviour to the shepherds in the deeps of time? It's so wonderful, so critical, I am literally on the edge of my seat awaiting the next tweet! Oh blast, I've just remembered that I deleted my Twitter account so for my penance I'll take a few cold showers, recite some novena prayers, and pray to Our Lady, Queen of Social Networking (in the vain hope that her attention isn't elsewhere, you know, battling devils and shagging priests), that my share in the superabundance of graces no doubt impeded by my objection to such social networking sites doesn't impact on the state of my soul on the Day of Judgement. We can't have everything. Sigh.

Dear God! Anyone who has greeted this non-event with any kind of Ultramontane impiety ought to be shot. Roman Catholics say that they do not worship the pope, and this may be written in their doctrine, but their actions say otherwise. It's as if Our Lord has said, ''don't read the Scriptures, listen to my pope!''

The fate of sycophants in the Divine Comedy by Botticelli, doomed to forever wade through their own shit. This may have been an early Renaissance play on the term ''brown noser,'' you never know.

3 comments:

  1. It seems that they aren't the only people obsessed with the pope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this all getting a bit silly. So you don't believe in the Papacy ... you'll find plenty who will agree with you. Isn't it time to move on from this juvenile obsession with filth and charicature, and decide instead what you DO believe in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lot of Traddies don't like a certain pope either.

    ReplyDelete