Sunday 18 January 2015

Comments policy...

I don't really have one. I have enabled comment moderation because I like to read comments before they are published (a mild form of censorship) but nine out of ten comments are published without qualm, even if they are argumentative. Some published comments have even been spam, though I have made an effort to delete those. I do not allow abusive comments and readers have to have a Google or Open ID account in order to comment - I do not suffer anonymous comments.

Please comment! It is part of the joy of blogging. I started blogging in 2009 as much for myself as for you. I started blogging because I felt I had something to say that was not being said or if it was, was being systematically ignored. I have tried to keep a diary in the past but it has not usually worked and reading back past writing to myself is usually embarrassing, but at least with blogging I can share the embarrassment. I have learned much in the six years that I have been publishing online and I have also forgotten much that I thought I knew. At least, I hope, my writing has improved even if the subject matter has degenerated. One day I hope to have a book published, and possibly others, and I can only trust that my experience here has tributaried to that effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment